CFO Services, Consulting, and Outsourcing, provided by the CPA's and consultants of NFS.
Is your organization struggling financially? During these challenging times, we see many organizations desperately searching for solutions. We partner with organization in crisis or transition, providing an independent, objective look at your operations, financial staffing levels, and cost structure.
Nonprofit Financial Solutions PC was established in 1998 to empower nonprofit executives with information about their organization so they could focus on the mission of the organization, not on running an accounting department. Our passion is to serve nonprofits, and enable them to be better stewards of limited resources. In these challenging times, nonprofits cannot afford to squander resources.
Many organizations struggle with "doing" accounting right. Small and medium sized organizations often lack the internal resources to move financial accountability to the next level, and don't know where to turn for assistance. We can help.
Large organizations often lack sufficient bandwidth for significant projects, causing these projects to languish while staff address their normal duties. We can help.
We provide high-level financial management services to nonprofits where and when they need it. We will consider opportunities ranging from a special project lasting several days to long-term agreements to serve as part-time CFO.
Our services include:
- CFO or primary accounting officer
- Transitional accounting department leadership – allows vital functions to continue in a focused manner.
- Internal audit – provide an additional level of internal controls. May include documentation of controls within the COSO framework. This can be a cost-effective alternative to a full-time internal audit staff.
- Special projects:
- Assistance with the financial integration of merged entities
- Audit preparation – financial or funding source audits
- Development of effective financial reporting models
- Preparation of financing packages for capital projects
- Assistance to small and emerging entities:
- Outsourcing of accounting and data management
- Setup of accounting system and financial reporting model
- Training client staff on how to read / interpret financial statements
- Development of procedures to enhance internal controls
- Nonprofit accounting and donor management systems:
- System review
- Process improvement review
- Accounting software selection and implementation -- we've implemented Financial Edge, MIP, QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Peachtree, Fundware, Shelby, ACS, FIMS, and NetSuite.
- Donor management selection and implementation -- we've primarily implemented eTapestry.com
- Data conversion and systems integration
What type of organizations do we work with?
- We work with a variety of organizations including churches, faith-based organizations, trade associations, and social service agencies.
- Most clients would be either 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) organizations.
- Our clients must be committed to excellence and demonstrate a desire to improve their financial operations.
- Our clients must be committed to integrity.Our clients must be moving toward implementing best practices, including transparency in financial operations.
- Our clients cannot engage in conflicts of interest with management or board members which cannot be documented to be financially advantageous to the organization.
- Many of our clients are recommended by a professional already serving the organization – a banker, attorney, or CPA firm.
Why are we selective in who we serve?
- We hope / expect to develop long-term working relationships with our clients. We want to work with organizations whose purposes we can support.
- Life is too short to get into a business arrangement that wastes resources (your funding or our time).
- Not every organization is a good fit – personalities and operating characteristics (such as micro-management) sometimes can create conflict that may prevent a strong working relationship from developing
What are the next steps? Give us a call or drop us an email so that we can begin a dialogue of how we might assist your organization.